Sunday, January 07, 2007

5 day summary: New York

I flew with Virgin Atlantic to New York and I think they're great, excellent service, good in-flight entertainment, and generally a zillion times better than Continental, American Airlines, Air India, US Airways, and British Airways. Besides, I like to promote the brand : )

I must warn the world and it's neighbour not to swap seats in the name of being a nice person. To hell with the nice person act, I was moved several times approached by 2 frustrated men who raised their voices at me and for what? All because I agreed to be a nice person and swap seats for two lovebirds! I spent 7 hours sorely sat in the middle of 6 people. Rule 1 being a nice person will get you nowhere, in fact it will get you sandwiched in shite.

Arriving into New York, I was pleasantly surprised by the warm weather. After several months of ongoing starvation for this City, finally I was back, back in New York, ready a new bag of tricks and scandal.

I came to New York for 3 reasons, to see my friends, have a break, and to shop. I've never been into the tourist scene in New York, meeting my friends alone is like visiting the
New York Zoo!

Now I am going to list some of the folks I was hanging with.
Please skip if you don't give a toss.

Vikram Kocher - The ultimate triple shot decaf Espresso
Saika Rahman - A piece of meat that fell in love with Tofu
Shafinaz Rahman - A spiced Octopus delicacy
Joseph Miller - The original American burger sold in Cuba
Rajat Kapoor - A Mixed green salad tossed in every continent
Matthew Hawke - Dom Perignon in the Cheltenham Golden Cup
Vikal Kapoor - An Eggplant curry wanting a roti from KFC
Reji George - Coca Cola Zero: all the taste without the mojo

I was staying with Vikram during my trip and it really felt like home, so a big thank you to Vikram for his hospitality. We had a blast, we ate, relaxed and laughed. I guess I should thank Reji for the laughs ; ) she has a weird way of keeping us entertained even when she's not present.

It was one big shopping pancake, I felt like I had the Adil Ditta on my right arm and hundreds on unlimited credit cards on my left. The sales were great, the Sterling strength was even better and the stuff on sale was totally awesome.

Unfortunately I had lost my voice for the duration of the trip. At first I whispered, then gave up and accepted my fate as the fly on the wall. I'm sure my friends enjoyed the silence, in fact Reji was loving it. Everytime I had the need to speak my body shaked furiously like Justin Timberlake, my face deflated and my mouth overtook the scene and all this parade to blurt a few words that didn't make sense. Vikal humored the masses with various impersonations whilst Jo made fun of my pathetic Salsa moves, like he is King of the South!

We all spent New Year's Eve at Tavern on the Green (in Central Park). It was a blast, though I was a lone ranger most of the night, I wonder why? Everytime I physically bumped into Reji she was all over Saika like Christmas wrapping on Cadbury's. I was like 'Give it a break girls, you are in public.' Vikal was nowhere to be seen all night, and when he did make a guest appearance he was fashioning his new girlfriend, Miss Motorola Razr. Matthew was kissing a horse outside for sometime, (a real horse) and then danced the night away with me me me me and me. Rajat, the composed gentleman stood around mingling and looking undisturbed by the hoards of crowds pushing and shoving their way to his feet. Vikram quenched his thirst with more than 3 bottles of bubbly, and was knocked out soon after. Shafinaz was floating around dancing and drinking the night away, though I didn't see much of her either.... ?!

My last night in New York ended with bribes for a massage : )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i do like the part the that i fell in love with u "the tofu" but lets make it this way...
i am piece of meat cause im hot ;) and i love u cause ur a vegetarian tofu

rather than i love eating meat and i fell in love with u.///

other ones i like is Shaf, Joe miller and Raj K.... soooo funny... how did u get this funny??

Anonymous said...

hey Mindy!!! how r ya? and how is london?? i hope you are missing all of us cause we are missing u :( it was good seeing u but its so unfair that we had to say bye to you and Rajni... i felt really bad this morning when i said bye to rajni but u know we all should be happy for her.. u were so funny how u described all of us! but i don't know how im a piece of meat who fell in love with tofu??!! ha ur soo funny
how r things in london? Vikram was telling us that u maybe coming back to nyc? please do! that'll be sooo much fun! if u want we can be roommates :) don't tell rajni this.. she'll be jealous! oh btw i sent something small for u through rajni..i wanted to send both red and green but rajni didn't have enough space.. its from Bangladesh, if u like it i can get more for u... so when u coming back to ny?? we miss u!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I must try the spiced octopus! This raw bizarre delicacy!! LOL!!Is it popular in London? Have you had it!!

Sounds pretty interesting but gross! sorry!!!! I saw it in Chinese restaurant with Michelle and I almost threw up!.. All the guts and the tentacles.. Gives me the chills!! I can only compare to eating snake!!


I loved Joe's and Vikal's the best!! very fitting!!

Anyhow, I am glad you are having a ball with this blog!! You filled quite a bit!! this is my second time..

Are you with Rajni!! You guys must be having a ball.

Anonymous said...

wot u wrote for raj and joe was SOOOOO funny :) hehe... we were laughing our a**es off... and it just woke us up as we are so tired.....

its 5 in the morning and me and saika are packing - one for baltimore
, the other for london-dilli.. btw we were only making out on NYE
cause u were making luv to the atmosphere as saika put it

going to miss you all! but mindy wil mend my broken nyc heart :)

Anonymous said...

i miss you guyz!!!

but i love teh UK and india and mindy :)