Monday, November 06, 2006

Livin' in da ghetto innet

I finished up my Project Management studies last night at midnight on the dot. I knew that I would not be able to sleep immediately because of the over-activity of my brain cells. In light of this, I decided to prance around for aprrox 30 mins, niavely thinking that my brain would have calmed down enabling me to sleep. To my dismay, I was still wide awake at 3.40am. Between 3.40am and 7.30am my sleep was extremely light, and more often than not I was tossing and turning. WHY? I hear you ask... Well basically, some juvenile delinquent(s) decided to pop fireworks in my neighbourhood, which were alarmingly loud and disturbing.

This incident along with the egg bombing explosion last week leads me to question the location and safety of my residence. I am reluctant to say it, but I believe that I live in the ghetto.

Advantages of living in the ghetto

+ It's moderatly cool-ish
+ In a few decades time it will be the hippest part of London. And going by my personal research of ghetto areas around the world I can safely conclude that a trendy hotspot was orgiginaly a ghetto.
+ Exposure to real London and real Londoners and what they really do (inc stabbings, robbery, muggings etc)
+ Development of awareness, safety and caution, many of the primitive survival skills that have dimmished in today's urban society

Disadvantages of living in the ghetto

- Possibility of being mugged, gunned, raped, knived, verbally abused, salivery abused (spit)
- Anything and everythigng else that is not listed as an advantage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, i agree, i agree..

as a fellow Ghetto Supastar i too face these forms of oppression yet brave them due to cheaper costs of living, the opportunity to interact with the 'real' people of today's world (i.e. the locals, working middle class), cute kids to play with, the added advantage of not having to dress up when making an early morning grocery run - the fact hat these groceries will then be cheaper...

the list could go on forever...

basically we just love being chappala innit mindy :)