Monday, October 02, 2006

Normally when I ask 'Who is the best?' I expect the response to be 'Mindy, of course' ... however, on this occasion I must step down from the title and bow down humbly to Clara The Great. What a woman she is and more to the point...what a fantastic cook!!! I was invited to a wonderful dinner party at Clara The Great's house on Saturday evening with a bunch of Trading Screen peeps and friends and my taste buds were not disappointed. It was a magical moment, a bit like when you arrive at lost luggage and find your 101 dalmation briefcase amongst the debris... priceless!

I heard that my dear old friend Rajni The Exotic One was also ruffling up her fine feathers to cook up a treat in Brooklyn Baby Brooklyn... So Rajni The Exotic One, tell us what was cooking on that side of the pond? For those bleaders that do not know, Rajni The Exotic One is a cook book editor...ooooohhh...very flash huh? I expect the food was made with love (and chatting) and enjoyed with smiles : ) I miss my dear chappalas in New York, I miss the background noise (he he he), I miss the rainbows, I miss the Yogi Bear, I miss the flowers (you know what I'm talking about) ... sob, sob, sob...

Anyhoo, my hazelnut latte form Starbucks is getting cold, so I will put up another post in a bit..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

minderz u cuckoo kuri w. the canary, you missed a fine treat yesterday - i cooked a feast for 15 ppl.. kerala chicken curry (ok u couldnt have eaten that! :)), cauliflower stir fry, masala dal, raita, etc etc.. masala tea to follow.... in fact the whole day was about masala... hehe.. u can pretyt much say that i put spice into all of my dear frenz' lives.. they also got to see where i live... i will send u pics laterz..

so wot ws clara's menu like? and how much did mindy eat when she was not prancing around and entertaining ze masses?

Anonymous said...

ps - erm, mindy were u sobbing tears into ur latte over me? hmm... u really must not miss me ze way i miss u - i prefer to snortle into my tea while i go about ze business of missing u... hehe... somehow when u come to mind its giggles u bring to mind, not tears for fears... we missed u yest and were remembering last year and all the craziness.. everyone stayed till 7 and i had to kick vikal out physically on his ar*e with my spatula to get him going...

Mindy said...

You are hilarious Rajni ... just bloody hilarious